You can’t have Brewfest without ribs! Like the sausages, I can’t take credit for this. Unlike the sausages, the Dwarves who were kind enough to feed me until bursting were also kind enough to tell me how to do these myself.
You don’t have to know a Dwarf for this recipe! This is an Orgrimmar favorite as well!
First, get yourself some boar ribs. Personally, I like a good Durotar boar, but Elywnn pigs and Dun Morough boars are pretty good too. Pigs are like, these weird, smaller, less aggressive boars. They tend to be like… more tender? Definitely fattier. Very delicious, I approve whole-hog.
For enough ribs for a small group, you will need:
- 2 lbs of pig ribs
- 1/3 cup dark beer (I recommend Stone Owl Stout)
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup spicy mustard
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 onion minced
- 1 teaspoon wor…worst… worchershireirsrser sauce
- If your butcher didn’t do this for you – fire him. But remove the silverskin and trim the ribs
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients except for the ribs themselves.
- In a large pot or cauldron, cover the ribs with salted water and boil for about 20 minutes, skimming the foam. (PROTIP: Oshu has informed me that doggos REALLY love both the water AND the foam. So ya know. Waste not want not)
- Lay the ribs in a tray and cover with the marinade. Let them rest for at least 2 hours or if you have access to a mage or a coldbox, overnight.
- In a medium-flame oven (about 350 F), arrange the ribs meaty side up and brush with the remaining marinade
- Bake for about an hour, brushing every 20 minutes until tender and falling off the bone
- Gorge yourself. Don’t even wait until it’s cool. Don’t even share your bones. They are yours now. Not even if that big scary worgen gives you The Eyes.